Thursday, July 2, 2009

More from cartooning class 4


It's been raining here for weeks. There are slugs everywhere. I found a couple of knitting patterns for slugs. Naturally, I drew some slugs.


More work on having body parts in foreground and background. Not bothering to erase structural lines so I have them for reference later.

Wondered how to draw a hand doing something. Teacher said - put something in your hand and draw it. So I did.

Trying to draw my husband, who has a very full beard. Initially the one on the left had lots of straight hairs. I wasn't happy with either one. The teacher said not to draw where color is going to be. I didn't understand so he outlined where beard would be to be filled with color later. (I erased all the hairs) That had never occurred to me before. I usually try to show color via shading. This is different. I'm liking it. Tomorrow: backgrounds!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Awesome attempts! I always like rough sketches like these. Keep it up and keep posting :)